Professor Marcel Jaspars and Dr. Rainer Ebel from the Marine Biodiscovery Centre, University of Aberdeen presented their work in discovery of secondary metabolites from marine and extremophilic sources. The natural chemical diversity from unexplored environments is being used to combat infectious diseases that are increasingly resistant to the current generation of antibiotics.
Department of Biotechnology
- IMBM awarded two grants: SA-Germany and SA-France
- IMBM student exchange: University of Aberdeen
- IMBM NRF-intern wins Fulbright Foreign Student scholarship
- Relebohile Matobole wins a poster prize at the annual UWC Science faculty research open day 2014
- Victoria Ontong Wins Top Third Year Student Prize from Merck